Around July of '07 my marriage of 7 years came to an end.. That's a whole unbelievable (literally) blog in itself, but the point is that I've always been intrigued by interesting travels. As a programmer, I work remote and as long as I've got cel and internet connectivity with my wireless broadband card, I'm good to go. Ultimately I would like to backpack through Europe, but first, I'm taking a smaller trek out west to get a little experience with travels of larger magnitude (view my route at the right of this page). This site will be a place for me to chronicle my travels, leave some photos, and jot down any interesting things that happen that I might one day forget.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

A machete and a 300-watt blowtorch

I'm dropping dough for this trip like there's no tomorrow, but you never can be too prepared. The good news is that my only remaining necessities are dried & canned foods, a machete, and a good knife. I figure not too many folk will try much on a dude with a machete sticking out of his backpack.

The latest of my purchases was a solar-powered 300-watt battery charger (to keep my laptop & cel charged quietly) from EarthTech. It also has jumper cables and an air compressor attached; the thing almost seems custom-built for my trip -

Solar Laptop Charger & Portable Power Kit 300 Watt

I'll be interested to see how this sucker works.

No comments: