Around July of '07 my marriage of 7 years came to an end.. That's a whole unbelievable (literally) blog in itself, but the point is that I've always been intrigued by interesting travels. As a programmer, I work remote and as long as I've got cel and internet connectivity with my wireless broadband card, I'm good to go. Ultimately I would like to backpack through Europe, but first, I'm taking a smaller trek out west to get a little experience with travels of larger magnitude (view my route at the right of this page). This site will be a place for me to chronicle my travels, leave some photos, and jot down any interesting things that happen that I might one day forget.

Friday, August 24, 2007

One week

One week before I say goodbye to air conditioning and electricity (mostly).. Can't wait.

The Channel Islands are a chain of islands not too far off the coast of Santa Barbara and look incredible. However boat rides can be very tough to get, and expensive. I'm giving serious thought to kayaking out to the eastern-most island of Anacapa (12 miles off the coast) and camping in the national park there. I probably won't do it unless I can find someone else, or a group of others to go with. If I can't find a group, I will likely ferry out to an island, camp out, and kayak between the chain.

No comments: