Around July of '07 my marriage of 7 years came to an end.. That's a whole unbelievable (literally) blog in itself, but the point is that I've always been intrigued by interesting travels. As a programmer, I work remote and as long as I've got cel and internet connectivity with my wireless broadband card, I'm good to go. Ultimately I would like to backpack through Europe, but first, I'm taking a smaller trek out west to get a little experience with travels of larger magnitude (view my route at the right of this page). This site will be a place for me to chronicle my travels, leave some photos, and jot down any interesting things that happen that I might one day forget.

Friday, February 22, 2008

Costello's



Friday, February 22, 2008 - When I first moved to Portland I continued on my regular routine of finding different Starbucks to work from. Ana kept mentioning a local cafe that she thought I would like even better. I checked out different cafes around Portland as well, but eventually we finally came to Costello's Travel Caffe for dinner one night, and that was it. I haven't gone anywhere else since. Why?

1) They make the best mocha I've ever tasted. I don't care if it's a girly drink. It's what makes me sexy.
2) The place feels like a pub (they do, after all, also serve beer and wine here).
3) They have 2 flatscreen TVs on either wall, and next to one of them is a chalkboard with "Today's views", and a list of different places around the world (Paris, Prague, Italy, Peru, etc) that changes from day to day. And each day, the flatscreens are on a continuous display of documentary-style video of each of these daily places around the world. It's always refreshing to take a little break from work and look up to see video of a distant land.
4) They play only the music that I like. I lot that I've heard before, but lots of new stuff too.
5) The staff is super cool.
6) They know my order by heart now.

Yesterday I was working here and Ana surprised me by stopping by. I was on the phone, so she just over, quickly kissed me, and went on to go order her drink without sitting down. The girl across looked at me very confused.

"Do you know her?!"
"Never seen her in my life?????"

No comments: