Around July of '07 my marriage of 7 years came to an end.. That's a whole unbelievable (literally) blog in itself, but the point is that I've always been intrigued by interesting travels. As a programmer, I work remote and as long as I've got cel and internet connectivity with my wireless broadband card, I'm good to go. Ultimately I would like to backpack through Europe, but first, I'm taking a smaller trek out west to get a little experience with travels of larger magnitude (view my route at the right of this page). This site will be a place for me to chronicle my travels, leave some photos, and jot down any interesting things that happen that I might one day forget.

Monday, February 11, 2008

It's on.



Monday, February 11, 2008 - This photo compliments the initial shot I took the day I left Dallas last August. Dallas, my car just packed up, and me by myself. Portland, my car just unloaded, and with Ana.

I searched around for a house to rent over a few weeks with the help of Ana, Jeff, and Kira. Each house I saw was ok, but something was somehow amiss with each one I saw. I finally found one that was far and away better than any other I'd seen, and cheaper than a lot of the others. And as expected, there were tons of applicants for the house (I saw several of them when we were initially shown the house). Somehow I was chosen over all the others; it was likely because of how sexy I am. I moved in last Friday; the house is a total stud. It was built in 1900, but is still in very good shape. The living room is too large to be just 1 room; I'll likely use the back half of it for something else. The dining room will not be that; it will be a pool room as soon as I get a pool table. The kitchen is updated with a granite slab countertop and copper farm sink. It looks out to the backyard, as does the sun-room. There's a huge unfinished basement, and the 2 bedrooms on the main level are sizable as well. Below are some pictures..















Bathroom - penny-tile floor, updated old-fashioned tub and sink, attractive brasilian

Looking from one bedroom to the other

Looking through the french doors in the dining room into the living room

Looking down the hallway to the sunroom into the backyard. Backyard is lined with bamboo around the perimeter

Sunroom
 

3 comments:

MC said...

oh my gosh, it's so cool...congrats!!!

Anonymous said...

congratulations "old" buddy!! Don't you ever have a dull moment in your life ? :)

Redbendad said...

Very nice place.