Around July of '07 my marriage of 7 years came to an end.. That's a whole unbelievable (literally) blog in itself, but the point is that I've always been intrigued by interesting travels. As a programmer, I work remote and as long as I've got cel and internet connectivity with my wireless broadband card, I'm good to go. Ultimately I would like to backpack through Europe, but first, I'm taking a smaller trek out west to get a little experience with travels of larger magnitude (view my route at the right of this page). This site will be a place for me to chronicle my travels, leave some photos, and jot down any interesting things that happen that I might one day forget.

Saturday, September 1, 2007

It's on.

Saturday September 1, 8:50 am - today is here.. I'm still not exactly sure what to expect, but I know this will be an experience I won't forget. Spent my last night here with Greg and Mel getting sloshed at the Movie Tavern. For those that don't know, Greg and Melissa are a couple friends that literally housed me for like 2 months when I found everything out about my wife - of which I will never be able to repay them for. During that time, it was our weekend ritual to take our tankards to the movie grill and consume all of their Blue Moon. So, last night couldn't have been more fitting.

The Jeep in front of Greg and Mel's, packed to the brim and ready for flight.

No comments: