Around July of '07 my marriage of 7 years came to an end.. That's a whole unbelievable (literally) blog in itself, but the point is that I've always been intrigued by interesting travels. As a programmer, I work remote and as long as I've got cel and internet connectivity with my wireless broadband card, I'm good to go. Ultimately I would like to backpack through Europe, but first, I'm taking a smaller trek out west to get a little experience with travels of larger magnitude (view my route at the right of this page). This site will be a place for me to chronicle my travels, leave some photos, and jot down any interesting things that happen that I might one day forget.

Monday, November 26, 2007

Portland IV

Monday, November 26, 2007 - The divorce mediation was Nov 16 in Dallas. I should probably say something about the divorce.. I take marriage very seriously, and when I married, I personally married for life. I believe marriage is a covenant between you, your spouse, and your creator. Only one of these 3 parties can break the marriage, and I believe this can happen via adultery or abuse. Do either of these necessitate a divorce? Not at all.. But let's just say I'd had enough of both. So, while I thought the mediation was horribly unjust in what was awarded - especially in light of the circumstances - I was basically willing to sacrifice monetary and material things just to get out of that environment.

Thanksgiving was fantastic; I got to see family from all over the country, and got to meet a new addition to the family - my cousin Lee and Jennifer's son Grey. I think this was one of the better thanksgivings I've had in a while. I also beat Jeff in ping pong. Well, doubles, but I'll take any Jeff-beating I can get. We all do.

I flew back to Portland last night. I know I keep saying this, but a lot has happened in the past few weeks that I wish I could share.. I'm just keeping a lot of my posts saved until December 22nd, when the divorce will be "final".

I believe I've decided to abandon my northern US route (Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, Colorado, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas) due to the fact that the weather will likely be rough through that route at this time of year and I've only got 2-wheel drive. Instead, I believe I will be staying here until Friday, Saturday I'll drive to Half Moon Bay and camp out, then Sunday I'll drive to San Clemente and camp out there during the week. That weekend I'll drive from San Clemente to Houston.

More pictures and stories to come...

1 comment:

Redbendad said...

Glad you're free. Sorry for the rip.

Hope you have a great drive back.