Around July of '07 my marriage of 7 years came to an end.. That's a whole unbelievable (literally) blog in itself, but the point is that I've always been intrigued by interesting travels. As a programmer, I work remote and as long as I've got cel and internet connectivity with my wireless broadband card, I'm good to go. Ultimately I would like to backpack through Europe, but first, I'm taking a smaller trek out west to get a little experience with travels of larger magnitude (view my route at the right of this page). This site will be a place for me to chronicle my travels, leave some photos, and jot down any interesting things that happen that I might one day forget.

Monday, December 3, 2007

Portland VI

Sunday, November 4, 2007 - Ana suggested we visit the Rose Garden in Portland today, so I picked her up and drove us to this beautiful place. We walked around for a while and I learned a lot of incredible things about this girl. The most important of which is that she is happy with herself - something I haven't heard in a long time. She's grateful for everything she has - something you don't hear too many Americans say. She loves and respects family, loves kids, and doesn't have a mean bone in her body. After the Rose Garden we went to eat at a MacMinnamin's restaurant. I have never felt this comfortable with a person on a first date.. We walked to the restaurant holding hands, kissing; almost like we'd been dating for a year. I still haven't wrapped my head around how this all played out as such, but I am blown away.

I decided to postpone my return another day.

No comments: