Around July of '07 my marriage of 7 years came to an end.. That's a whole unbelievable (literally) blog in itself, but the point is that I've always been intrigued by interesting travels. As a programmer, I work remote and as long as I've got cel and internet connectivity with my wireless broadband card, I'm good to go. Ultimately I would like to backpack through Europe, but first, I'm taking a smaller trek out west to get a little experience with travels of larger magnitude (view my route at the right of this page). This site will be a place for me to chronicle my travels, leave some photos, and jot down any interesting things that happen that I might one day forget.

Monday, December 3, 2007

Portland VII

Monday, November 5, 2007 - I spent the next week deciding to "postpone my return another day" every day, but mediation was coming up on November 16 and I needed at least 3 days to drive back. I would have to leave this weekend of November 8, little as I wanted to leave Ana. We spent the week going to concerts, hanging out with her friends (mostly Brasilian - who rock), hanging out with my cousins.. This is a different life here. This group of people takes a huge bite out of life and chomp. They get out and do something interesting every day.

I so dig the way Ana lives as well. She has a roommate and their apartment is beautiful - old architecture in the heart of Portland, and they have neither cable nor even a dishwasher. She needs very little in life and is obviously not concerned with material things. It's horribly refreshing. I think she's even lower-maintenance than I am.

I decided to postpone my return until next week.


Ana and cousin Jeff in front of the new car Jeff and Kira bought Ana as a bonus

No comments: