Around July of '07 my marriage of 7 years came to an end.. That's a whole unbelievable (literally) blog in itself, but the point is that I've always been intrigued by interesting travels. As a programmer, I work remote and as long as I've got cel and internet connectivity with my wireless broadband card, I'm good to go. Ultimately I would like to backpack through Europe, but first, I'm taking a smaller trek out west to get a little experience with travels of larger magnitude (view my route at the right of this page). This site will be a place for me to chronicle my travels, leave some photos, and jot down any interesting things that happen that I might one day forget.

Wednesday, December 5, 2007

San Clemente VIII

Wednesday, December 5, 2007 - Worked quite a bit yesterday as well; about 11 hours. Although I did actually take a break to get a Fatburger and bring that sucker back to my campsite for lunch. Saw Chester again at starbucks and then raced back to my campsite to catch my first glimpse of the beautiful San Clemente sunset.. I've been working so much and talking to other people so much that I hadn't got to see the sunset yet. Minha gata (portuguese - "my good-looking") called precisely as the sun was dipping below the ocean horizon, so I even got to watch an incredible sunset while talking with Ana. A great ending to the night.

I was exhausted from the past couple days and went to sleep by 7:30 (which was about an hour and a half after it got dark). I woke up for some reason around midnight and heard shuffling feet outside my tent.

"Brent! HEY BRENT!"
"(groggy) Uhhhh... Yeah?"
"It's Henry dude! I made it back!"
"Uhhh.. Ok.."
"I'll see you tomorrow bro - I'll get coffee!"

I have to be honest, I was a little weirded out. I honestly said a prayer and went back to sleep.

Woke up about 5:30 feeling pretty refreshed; got a good 10 hours of sleep. I have to be working by 6:00 anyway to make sure I'm supporting my company back in Texas, which is at 8:00.

I got my stuff and walked out of the tent and saw what looked like a couple of bags on the picnic table at my campsite.. It was still a little dark so I walked closer to see what they were - I didn't remember leaving any bags there. As I approached them, I noticed they weren't bags. It was Henry, who had apparently been sleeping there since midnight.



















Mountain view while leaving Portland

The actual goosebumps on my arm while driving into San Clemente




While talking with Ana

Goodnight San Clemente
 

No comments: