Around July of '07 my marriage of 7 years came to an end.. That's a whole unbelievable (literally) blog in itself, but the point is that I've always been intrigued by interesting travels. As a programmer, I work remote and as long as I've got cel and internet connectivity with my wireless broadband card, I'm good to go. Ultimately I would like to backpack through Europe, but first, I'm taking a smaller trek out west to get a little experience with travels of larger magnitude (view my route at the right of this page). This site will be a place for me to chronicle my travels, leave some photos, and jot down any interesting things that happen that I might one day forget.

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Crater Lake

Wednesday, October 31, 2007 - Left Patricks Point Saturday and headed into Oregon, to Crater Lake. My plan was to camp out at Crater Lake - which has an elevation of about 9,000 feet. As I drove to the top of the mountain and finally saw the lake, my eyes kinda freaked out on me.. The lake is almost an optical illusion. The water sits inside the top of the mouth of a volcano, and the perfectly still water servers basically as a gigantic mirror. When I drove to the peak and got my first glimpse of the lake, it was nearly impossible to tell what was reflected water, and what was actually land. Unfortunately when I got to the top I realized the campgrounds were closed - I guess for good reason - everything (aside from the lake itself) was covered in snow. That might have been an uncomfortable night.. So I just headed straight into Bend to stay with my uncle VV and Ceci.



















No comments: