Around July of '07 my marriage of 7 years came to an end.. That's a whole unbelievable (literally) blog in itself, but the point is that I've always been intrigued by interesting travels. As a programmer, I work remote and as long as I've got cel and internet connectivity with my wireless broadband card, I'm good to go. Ultimately I would like to backpack through Europe, but first, I'm taking a smaller trek out west to get a little experience with travels of larger magnitude (view my route at the right of this page). This site will be a place for me to chronicle my travels, leave some photos, and jot down any interesting things that happen that I might one day forget.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Sonoma Coast

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 - I'm now in the wine country; currently in Sonoma county. Last weekend I stayed at Sonoma Coast State Beach. Friday I arrived to my site and there was a somewhat large group of people staying in my same area. I got out of the car and one camper looked at my license plate, then looked at another camper and said "That looks familiar." I asked if they were from Texas.

Camper 1 - "She is.."
Camper 2 - "Yes, I'm from Houston."
Me - "Really? Me too.."
Camper 2 - "Well, not really from houston, it's called The Woodlands."

What are the chances.

Saturday I decided to watch some college football, so I went into the town of Petaluma and found a little bar - a really cool town actually. A crazy lady sat next to me for a while, and though she was actually interesting to talk to (she was a hippie that followed around the grateful dead), she talked to herself more than anyone else. In fact, she apparently had some very funny conversations with herself because she would break into laughter on a somewhat regular basis.

Sunday I decided, again, to go into town and watch some NFL. Same lady sat next to me again. She had good conversations with herself again. Cool bartender; I simply asked if the Houston game could be put on one of the TVs, he put the game on the big screen, so the Houston game ended up being the primary game on at the bar.

My parents, the wine enthusiasts, flew in yesterday to hang out with me while I'm in the wine country. It's nice, and almost strange, to see familiar faces.. They will be here for about a week. Mmmm. Wiiinnne.








 




No comments: