Around July of '07 my marriage of 7 years came to an end.. That's a whole unbelievable (literally) blog in itself, but the point is that I've always been intrigued by interesting travels. As a programmer, I work remote and as long as I've got cel and internet connectivity with my wireless broadband card, I'm good to go. Ultimately I would like to backpack through Europe, but first, I'm taking a smaller trek out west to get a little experience with travels of larger magnitude (view my route at the right of this page). This site will be a place for me to chronicle my travels, leave some photos, and jot down any interesting things that happen that I might one day forget.

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

MacKerricher

Wednesday, October 24, 2007 - My parents left Monday and I switched modes back to lone traveller and headed up the coast to Mendocino county, MacKerricher State Beach near Fort Bragg to be specific. Monday night after work I checked out a bar in town to watch the Monday Night Football game. Nice people here, fantastic campsite.

Today a girl walked into starbucks and waved at me and said hello.. Obviously she thought I was someone else. Then I finally realized it was the bartender from the bar I watched the Monday night game at. This is definitely a town where everyone knows everyone.

Tuesday morning I came to Starbucks and before I even got inside had a long conversation with a guy outside - a good sign of a town. Inside I had about an hour conversation with Cliff Claven's brother - this guy knows everything. Tim is obviously very well read on generally every subject (not sure but I believe he may be retired). These are the kinds of people you can learn something from. Had about a 2 hour conversation with Tim today. One thing Tim said that made an impact - "Knowledge compounds on knowledge. One thing I envy about you and your generation - our society has come so far in so little time - I envy the things your generation is going to get to see in your lifetime that I won't get to see. It's a very exciting time for your generation right now."



















The grass that lines the beach

MacKerricher

MacKerricher

MacKerricher

MacKerricher

Miles of wooden roads line the coast with nothing else in sight

Campsite forest

A MacKerricher Campsite

No comments: