Around July of '07 my marriage of 7 years came to an end.. That's a whole unbelievable (literally) blog in itself, but the point is that I've always been intrigued by interesting travels. As a programmer, I work remote and as long as I've got cel and internet connectivity with my wireless broadband card, I'm good to go. Ultimately I would like to backpack through Europe, but first, I'm taking a smaller trek out west to get a little experience with travels of larger magnitude (view my route at the right of this page). This site will be a place for me to chronicle my travels, leave some photos, and jot down any interesting things that happen that I might one day forget.

Monday, October 29, 2007

Patricks Point II

Monday, October 29, 2007 - Friday after work I hiked down the mountain face at Patricks Point to the beach. The beach was covered in polished, multi-colored small rocks. In fact, it was a somewhat strange scene when I descended onto the beach; literally everyone there was wandering aimlessly looking for and picking up rocks.

After it turned dark Friday night and I had finished dinner, I walked back to my car when I heard something back at my site. I looked back and it was nearly pitch black, so I turned my headlamp on and saw two glowing eyes staring at me about 15 feet away. I didn't know what it was but tried to scare it off by shining my headlamp in it's eyes; but to no avail - it wouldn't move. So I charged after it and it bolted.. However, it did try to take my box of Pasta-Roni with it, but dropped it as it ran into the forest. I got the box of pasta and was taking it to the dumpster, and walking back with my headlamp on I saw the same two glowing eyes back at my campsite. I charged after it and it ran again. A few minutes later I saw the eyes again near my car. And again about 2:00am I heard it, I think in an attempt to mock me, chomping on some leftover uncooked pasta a few feet away from my tent. Not sure what it was, but it was a gutsy sucker.










Beginning of Patricks Point hike

Patricks Point hike

Beach rocks

The time of night when glowing eyes go hunting for Pasta-Roni

1 comment:

Redbendad said...

Beautiful images Brent. I love the beach rocks.

Glad your folks got to spend some time traveling with you.