Around July of '07 my marriage of 7 years came to an end.. That's a whole unbelievable (literally) blog in itself, but the point is that I've always been intrigued by interesting travels. As a programmer, I work remote and as long as I've got cel and internet connectivity with my wireless broadband card, I'm good to go. Ultimately I would like to backpack through Europe, but first, I'm taking a smaller trek out west to get a little experience with travels of larger magnitude (view my route at the right of this page). This site will be a place for me to chronicle my travels, leave some photos, and jot down any interesting things that happen that I might one day forget.

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Napa

Wednesday, October 17, 2007 - Heidi, you were right. Yesterday after work we headed into the wine country for some wine tasting. My friend Heidi from Houston recommended a small vineyard called Frank Family, as she said it was one of the best (if not the best) in the wine country. She was right. Moreover, this winery was unpretentious in every way - from the vineyard, to the people, to the name. The folks presenting the wine tastings were an absolute riot. And these were in fact some of the best wines I've ever had. Afterwards we went to Clos Pegase for more wine tasting - the wine was good, but we mentioned to each other on several occasions we should have gone to Frank Family last; we were spoiled. The scenery at Clos Pegase was pretty cool though; tons of art everywhere, some imported from Europe. Lots of modern art deco in the midst of the vineyard - pretty different. Afterwards we headed to Sonoma Coast to watch the sunset, and after this we headed to Petaluma for an incredible dinner.


























Ker Plunk Sanitary. Is there a better name for a porta-potty?

Wine country


Clos Pegase

Clos Pegase

Clos Pegase

Sonoma Coast

My mom - stoic


My dad

Goodnight Sonoma
 

No comments: