Around July of '07 my marriage of 7 years came to an end.. That's a whole unbelievable (literally) blog in itself, but the point is that I've always been intrigued by interesting travels. As a programmer, I work remote and as long as I've got cel and internet connectivity with my wireless broadband card, I'm good to go. Ultimately I would like to backpack through Europe, but first, I'm taking a smaller trek out west to get a little experience with travels of larger magnitude (view my route at the right of this page). This site will be a place for me to chronicle my travels, leave some photos, and jot down any interesting things that happen that I might one day forget.

Monday, September 10, 2007

The Ascent

Sunday, September 9, 2007 8:34 AM - Left my campsite at the base at 4:30 this morning. This way I can avoid some of the excessive heats. I'm currently at the Supai Tunnel recharging. I'm here right on schedule, and probably have 2 more hours to go. Everything on me aches, and at certain points I wonder whether or not I'll actually make it back up. Each step burns most of my leg muscles, and irritates most of my many blisters or cuts. This is much different than most other mountain hikes; normally you hike up until you get tired, then just head back down. However in this case, you do the easy part first. Now, you have to go all the way back up whether you like it or not.


Thank God I was wearing a headlamp.. It was pitch black for my first 2 hours of hiking; I wouldn't have seen this critter otherwise.

No comments: