Around July of '07 my marriage of 7 years came to an end.. That's a whole unbelievable (literally) blog in itself, but the point is that I've always been intrigued by interesting travels. As a programmer, I work remote and as long as I've got cel and internet connectivity with my wireless broadband card, I'm good to go. Ultimately I would like to backpack through Europe, but first, I'm taking a smaller trek out west to get a little experience with travels of larger magnitude (view my route at the right of this page). This site will be a place for me to chronicle my travels, leave some photos, and jot down any interesting things that happen that I might one day forget.

Monday, September 10, 2007

I made it up..

Sunday, September 9, 2007 - Well I made it back up the Grand Canyon.. The last mile up was definitely the hardest. Put it this way - when I finally emerged and made it back to the parking lot, my car was about 20 yards away from me and I literally had to stop once on the way to it to rest. It would be an understatement to say that this was the hardest thing I've ever done physically or mentally. And to say I'm "sore" right now isn't even the right word for it.. I will never forget this experience though. I am now going to sleep for a couple weeks.


Me at my car minutes after I emerged. My shirt is a new color after sleeping in the dirt and such

1 comment:

Redbendad said...

"He looks so cute, doesn't he?"

You look a tad tired.

I know how you feel. I feel that way after working in the yard for an hour in the sun. Not funny!