Around July of '07 my marriage of 7 years came to an end.. That's a whole unbelievable (literally) blog in itself, but the point is that I've always been intrigued by interesting travels. As a programmer, I work remote and as long as I've got cel and internet connectivity with my wireless broadband card, I'm good to go. Ultimately I would like to backpack through Europe, but first, I'm taking a smaller trek out west to get a little experience with travels of larger magnitude (view my route at the right of this page). This site will be a place for me to chronicle my travels, leave some photos, and jot down any interesting things that happen that I might one day forget.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Sunset Beach

Wednesday, September 27, 2007 - Arrived to my campsite, which is actually north of Monterey in the small town of Watsonville. All around me are vineyards and crop fields. In fact, driving out of the campsite I had my windows rolled down and smelled something really sweet, I finally realized it was strawberries. Apparently the campsite is nestled just between the edge of strawberry fields and the ocean. Very cool scenery here as there are tons of rolling hills with crops that extend all the way to the ocean.










Forest in the campsite

Crop fields adjacent to the site

Crop field leading up to the ocean
 

No comments: