Around July of '07 my marriage of 7 years came to an end.. That's a whole unbelievable (literally) blog in itself, but the point is that I've always been intrigued by interesting travels. As a programmer, I work remote and as long as I've got cel and internet connectivity with my wireless broadband card, I'm good to go. Ultimately I would like to backpack through Europe, but first, I'm taking a smaller trek out west to get a little experience with travels of larger magnitude (view my route at the right of this page). This site will be a place for me to chronicle my travels, leave some photos, and jot down any interesting things that happen that I might one day forget.

Monday, September 17, 2007

San Clemente II

Monday, September 17, 2007 - I arrived at my site and was completely awestruck. This is by far the best campsite I've had yet. There was something with the way the light was coming through the clouds and lighting up the ocean that looked absolutely fake; I felt like I was in a painting. Beams of light came down from the clouds in brilliant columns and lit up small, definite patches of the ocean. The scenery last night was surreal. Ontop of this, there apparently was a surfer that recently passed away and a group of 10-15 surfers were holding a memorial service. This group of surfers paddled out into the ocean, formed a circle, spread his ashes, and from what I could tell were sitting out in the ocean and talking. Apparently one of the surfers out there was a surf legend; I can't remember his name now for the life of me. I'm pretty sure I've got one of the best spots in this campground, as people are constantly coming over to my site just to lean against the rail and catcht he view. And I'm fine with spreading the wealth; I shouldn't get to hog this view all to myself. Met an englishman who runs a mountain bike shop here - Scottie - a hysterical guy. Ended up meeting a married couple with their twin sons here - Caleb and Aley. Spent hours with them yesterday chatting.. They also cooked a righteous lasagne and fed me well. After we drank all the beer we had, Caleb had 2 mountain bikes that we took across I-5 to a liquor store to get a couple more six packs. When we drank that, we switched to wine, and they then insisted that I take their bottle of red wine (BV). Incredibly generous and nice couple. Had an absolute blast yesterday.. Really all weekend. Enclosed are some of the pictures I took when I first arrived to my site - this is the view from my site..


























No comments: