Around July of '07 my marriage of 7 years came to an end.. That's a whole unbelievable (literally) blog in itself, but the point is that I've always been intrigued by interesting travels. As a programmer, I work remote and as long as I've got cel and internet connectivity with my wireless broadband card, I'm good to go. Ultimately I would like to backpack through Europe, but first, I'm taking a smaller trek out west to get a little experience with travels of larger magnitude (view my route at the right of this page). This site will be a place for me to chronicle my travels, leave some photos, and jot down any interesting things that happen that I might one day forget.

Sunday, September 2, 2007

McDonald II

Sunday, September 2, 2007 9:10 AM - Just heading out from McDonald.. The night sky here blows my mind every time I see it; I think everyone in their lifetime needs to see a sky like this. The inexistence of light pollution here allows you to see so many stars that you can actually see an arm of our Milky Way extending from one horizon to the other; which almost appears as if someone sprinkled powder all across the sky. Incredible.

Heard a large pack of coyotes howling their heads off not too far from my site at a few points during the night. I wanted to tell them to shut the heck up because I was trying to get some sleep.








Sunrise in the little valley where I set up camp.


Sunrise.

No comments: