Around July of '07 my marriage of 7 years came to an end.. That's a whole unbelievable (literally) blog in itself, but the point is that I've always been intrigued by interesting travels. As a programmer, I work remote and as long as I've got cel and internet connectivity with my wireless broadband card, I'm good to go. Ultimately I would like to backpack through Europe, but first, I'm taking a smaller trek out west to get a little experience with travels of larger magnitude (view my route at the right of this page). This site will be a place for me to chronicle my travels, leave some photos, and jot down any interesting things that happen that I might one day forget.

Sunday, September 2, 2007

McDonald

Saturday, September 1, 2007 6:45 PM – Arrived at McDonald Observatory around 3:30 pm today.. McDonald and Carlsbad are the only two stops I didn’t book a campsite for; I always planned on just driving in and booking a site when I got here – it’s never been a problem before. However the genius I am, I completely forgot this weekend is Labor Day weekend.. There ain’t a campsite to be found basically in all of the Davis Mountains. So I’ve just found a patch of land out here on the other side of the mountain and set up camp and preparing a little stew. This is a bit closer to “primitive camping” than the rest of my stops will be.. I’ve basically got acres and acres all to myself. I’m hoping this stew finishes soon though because I’ve been hearing a pack of coyotes howling not too far away; I think they’re smelling my gourmet…








Campsite

Campsite

No comments: