Around July of '07 my marriage of 7 years came to an end.. That's a whole unbelievable (literally) blog in itself, but the point is that I've always been intrigued by interesting travels. As a programmer, I work remote and as long as I've got cel and internet connectivity with my wireless broadband card, I'm good to go. Ultimately I would like to backpack through Europe, but first, I'm taking a smaller trek out west to get a little experience with travels of larger magnitude (view my route at the right of this page). This site will be a place for me to chronicle my travels, leave some photos, and jot down any interesting things that happen that I might one day forget.

Sunday, September 16, 2007

San Clemente

Monday, September 17, 2007 - What a weekend.. Went to the San Diego Museum of Natural History saturday and saw the Dead Sea Scrolls; very cool. Afterwards went to Ole's Tavern in San Clemente to watch some college games, and ended up getting to know a ton of people there. The tavern doesn't serve food, however the owner's wife will make some stuff on saturdays and sundays. I ate well saturday. Met a guy named Raj that just moved out to san clemente, he and I left and went to some other bars. Had way too much to drink. Got up early Sunday to get back to the tavern as NFL games start here at 10:00am.. I feel completely at home at that little tavern. Lots of regulars and the people are super cool. People were very interested to hear about my travels, and were equally as interested in the fact that I had my laptop out up at the bar. The bartender was in her 2nd year of fantasy football and was pretty anxious to get on her website to see how her team was doing. You know you're doing well when you don't even have to ask the bar help for drinks; they just keep 'em coming.

No comments: