Around July of '07 my marriage of 7 years came to an end.. That's a whole unbelievable (literally) blog in itself, but the point is that I've always been intrigued by interesting travels. As a programmer, I work remote and as long as I've got cel and internet connectivity with my wireless broadband card, I'm good to go. Ultimately I would like to backpack through Europe, but first, I'm taking a smaller trek out west to get a little experience with travels of larger magnitude (view my route at the right of this page). This site will be a place for me to chronicle my travels, leave some photos, and jot down any interesting things that happen that I might one day forget.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

San Onofre

Thursday, September 12, 2007 9:44PM - Ok, so apparently I really took my site at South Carlsbad way for granted.. Let's do a little side by side comparison between my last campsite and my new one here at San Onofre State Beach -










































AmenitiesSouth CarlsbadSan Onofre
View of the oceanYesNo
ShowersYesNo
A roaring train 20 yards away from my tent that passes every 20 minutesNoYes
A roaring military fleet of helicopters patrolling close overhead every 20 minutesNoYes
View of a wall of dirtNoYes
An attendant at the trainstation babbling incessantly over the PA every 20 minutesNoYes
More than a 9x9 patch of land to camp onYesNo


The good news is that my next stop, San Clemente State Beach, is actually supposed to have a view of the ocean. I have doubts as to whether or not they can match the decibel level my current campsite boasts. The other good news is that I really won't be at my site here much except to sleep. I'll work from the town of San Clemente tomorrow, on Saturday I will go to the San Diego Museum of Natural History to view the exhibit of the Dead Sea Scrolls, Sunday I'll go back into town to find a dive and stress out over my fantasy football teams.

Today I spoke with a guy at Starbucks for quite some time; I noticed he was studying Greek and figured he might be in Seminary. He in fact was; there is a Seminary School not too far from here called Talbot. He was in fact a very cool guy and gave me some good insight into Seminary in general. I will probably have to check out Talbot as well.

I will post some interesting pictures tomorrow possibly. So, the next time you see me post pictures of a campsite like South Carlsbad and I'm not going absolutely insane with glee, please fed ex me a replica of your hand to slap me upside the head.

1 comment:

Redbendad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.